Thursday, February 20, 2014

Valentine's day! and after

This year we made Elliott's Valentines.  Yes it would have been cheaper to have bought him some out of some box, but the time we spent planning them and making them was special.  Plus I bought lolly pops that he will actually eat (no chocolate in the middle and no gum) so that had him thrilled.

Steven totally surprised me with an amazing sea glass charm bracket which I have been drooling over on etsy.  He did not even know.  He just heard me say I wanted to make a charm bracelet out of sea glass and bought me one for inspiration.

The kids had the day off of school so we partied.

We spent the day at the beach with good friends and found lots of heart shaped rocks.  We went over to friends house for heart shaped pizza that evening and watched frozen so the adults to have a few minutes of peace.

 We went to the beach that Saturday and had the missionaries over for dinner that evening.
Sunday was the day my grandmother passed away.  My dad our wards new choir director got the call 5 minutes into choir he told me to stay.  I stayed for a few minutes but got so choked up singing about the Resurrection, I went to my moms home to be with my kids.  I told Elliott the sad news and he took it well, okay mom are you ready to tell Lillian.  Jackson took it the hardest crying out NOOOOOOOO when I told him great-grandmother had gone to heaven.
My mom had a ton of granny smith apples, they are my dad's favorite to eat.  So I made pie.  We had it with my mom's tuna noodle casserole.  My dad came home right before dinner.  We put the kids in front of a show and sat and ate in peace then watched them run around like crazy after dessert.
The next day went by in a blur.  Shock, sadness, and happiness all mushed together.
Elliott's primary teacher from last year came by to paint Lillian's face.  She does kids birthday parties and loves to cheer up little faces with her talents.  She asked me Sunday morning and called Monday to come over.  Lillian loved it until the lip gloss, she did not like the taste or something.  She was grumpy for a little

while but loved it after.


 My mom had us over for dinner that night again.  I bathed my kids over at my moms house and we watched Olympics until the kids were about to fall asleep.

Tuesday the kids started back in school and I started to get everything in order so I could help out my family at this time.  I am so grateful for the woman  go to Church with.  Each person I asked was so willing to help.  Some of them don't know what life savers they were.  I am so thankful and looking for ways to help out and pay it forward. I am so proud of my mom this week, she was amazingly supportive to my dad and hosted more dinners and luncheons for the family in town than imaginable.  Her friend at work wisely told her to take an extra day off of work once everyone went home just to rest.  That day of rest she carpooled Lillian to school for me :-)

I think I may have to look into face painting for Lillian's birthday next year, theme FROZEN of course :-)

No comments: