Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Remembering Great Grandmother Lael

My Grandmother passed away this Sunday. 
 At 91 years old she lived an amazing life on this earth,
 I feel so grateful to have been in her family.  

Her name Lael means 'Belongs to God,' 
I found that out this morning and cried

Part of my primary lesson was about how we are Heavenly Children of our Heavenly Father.  I also listen to this amazing talk last week and had great comfort by it.

Decisions for Eternity

Elder Russell M. Nelson, Sunday Afternoon, October 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sz8LE73Yd0



Two weeks ago Jackson and I went to visit Grandmother.  She knew us both and was so overjoyed to see us.  I forgot something and went back inside for more goodbyes and kisses.  I have never been so glad that I am so forgetful.  

 My Grandmother and Mr. Jackson, these two have had a special bond being 89 years and 11 months apart.  I first told Elliott about Grandmother going to heaven and his reaction, okay mom now we need to tell Lillian are you ready?  Lillian told me a huge story I could not understand.


I told Jackson that "Grandmother Lael has gone back to Heaven, isn't that nice"  His reply NO.  Jackson learned to say Grandmather Lael about two months ago.  He said it so quietly I am not really sure if she ever heard him.  Today while I was sorting though photos on my computer to order for the funeral he kept pointing and saying Grandma Lael.  Smiles. Smile from Heaven I am sure.
 Both my grandmothers

Grandma, Jackson, and Nemo!

 Lillian's hearing aid buddy!  They loved to show each other their 'ears'
 Grandmother alway teased me about curling my hair!  Lucky for me the teases stopped once I had this curly haired cutie!
 Great grandkids and their Great Grandmother this Christmas Eve the most magical night of the year thanks to this wonderful woman!
My brother, Grandmother and myself Easter 2012.

Grandmother was lovingly taken care of by my Aunt and Uncle these past four years.  They took her on great adventures, had us over weekly, and had the most amazing parties.  I am so grateful to them and for a loving Lord who took my grandmother back so peacefully.

No comments: