My potato diggers. Runs in the family. My grandmother's sister was telling me how for the formal dances the three sisters would go out and dig up potatoes to earn money. It was a couple of cents per potato and would take forever to earn enough money for the dress. Grandma HATED it. Can't blame her.
I gave Lillian a sponge and some soapy water and sent her to clean up her play house! Entertained her and Jackson for quite a long time!
This was the sunrise Sunday morning. Isnt it pretty. Please ignore our neighbors palm trees, they are an eye sore but the squirrels and wood peckers love them so oh well.
I woke up at 6 to read though my church primary lesson again. I teach one half of the 10 year olds in my ward. If I bring in my lesson manual they see it as a sign of weakness, so I outline my lesson and go from there. We learned about the Covenants Jehovah makes with Abraham. So wonderful. I feel I get so much more out of preparing the lessons than I am able to get across to the kids. Hopefully some of it is soaking in.
We had my parents over for dinner. Normally Sunday dinner is at their house but my mom worked Saturday all day and it was the first night of my dad's stake marriage strengthening class. He has taught this class for years its several weeks long and is amazing! I have had his lessons over the years as supplemental classes in church, as a newly wed I thought they were fun. Now years later I see the wisdom in taking time to investing in your spouse and marriage.
my mom brought ice cream and then had to leave with my dad before she got any. I think it was part of her plan all along. I made a SUNDAY! hahah on sunday. My little kids had some also. Elliott had some girls scout shortbread cookies. Kid doesn't like ice cream still... or chocolate. I blame myself for eating way to much of both while prego with him.
We all slept in till 7:25 this morning. Opps. We rushed to get going but it wasn't that bad. I always pack up the kids lunches and backpacks the night before, no matter how tired I am. So that helped quite a lot.
Jackson has a runny noes, again. Oh wait two weeks ago he had a runny eye, gross huh? Steven stayed home with him yesterday from Church. I hope he gets better so we can go out and play soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment