Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Making new Olympic memories!!

This year we are starting some of our own Olympic traditions my kids will out grow them in a few years! All I want is my kids to look forward to cheering on our country, Canada (I'm aboot 1/4 Canadian pretty cool eh?), and the host country.  Of course Great Britain has a soft spot in my heart always.  Okay so basically,  all athletes have so much pressure I love cheering them all on.

Elliott only wants to watch snowboarding.  Jackson and I love the ski with the jumps.  Lillian loves ice skating(the whole team events have totally thrown me off- I don't get it... I should google it I guess). I have been drawn to the luge this year.

Some traditions include in Alfred Olympics are....
--clothes pin dropping into a jar-
          Elliott smoked me.  I give credit to his lower center of gravity.
-- bubble wrap popping-  dance on it or smash them with your hands it's fun and occupies the kiddos.
-- Jumping and spinning on the mini trampoline which I have placed in front of the TV for the olmpics
-- Pillow fights
-- Golden milk shakes (like orange Julius but we used fresh oranges instead of the concentrate) and golden gram crackers


-- lego building (we were trying to build a bobsled but it turned into a castle)
-- snow man building (out of paper and coloring)
--- Donuts eating contest )tied on string with now hands
 

Jackson was disqualified for using hands!


Building a luge track


Learning to braid Lillian's hair, like Frozen.  I can only french braid hair on my own head, I am learning to do Lillian's. 




 Steven's out to town this week, thus the need to entertain us though Olympic activities.



and finally Olympic valentine making!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I can only French braid my own hair well too! Little girl hair is so hard to do.