Wednesday, February 12, 2014

well yes I miss him and lucky lotto

Steven left on Saturday for Nashville he had to work in Kentucky the following Monday and he and his coworkers meet up early to enjoy the Nashville scene.  I look forward to hearing of his adventures when he gets home tomorrow.  Some of his coworkers were staying after also, but seeing as that was valentines day I frowned upon that idea. 

 

Steven works a lot.  It is a very rare occasion that he eats a week night dinner with me, and never makes it home to eat with the kids at 5.   So thinking he would be gone this week I thought no biggy.  The kids were sick with a cold the week before he left and he was working crazy busy season hours (midnight) that week also.  
I miss him. I have to wrestle the kids and chase them around the house hitting them with pillows.  They miss playing with dad, I am not as much fun.  Also my amazing neighbors are out of town :( Hawaii! Lucky family.  I miss them also because if Jackson is napping Elliott will ride home from school with them.  
Ironically we all have been sleeping in until 7:10 every morning which makes for a rushed crazy morning.  Normal wake up when dad is home is 6:30ish, we normally have a big breakfast because its the only meal we sit down together for. This week cereal or throwing frozen waffles at the kids as we run out door. 

We had waffles and strawberries with whip cream for dinner tonight.  Breakfast for dinner is my favorite.  

He should get home tomorrow at 11 pm. I miss him because I love him and he makes my life easier. 


My favorite night in December (minus Christmas and New Years) was the night Steven came home with a lottery ticket.  What you say?  Go ahead judge us.  Growing up my grandmother Lois would always go to her lucky quickie mart and buy her lotto ticket when she visited us from orange county.  Once almost ten years ago the Lotto was really big in Idaho so my mother, grandmother and I made sure to buy a few tickets.   Other than office pools which his work does occasionally we never buy tickets.  We figure we can invest those few dollars better ways.   
However, in December the Lotto was up to 600 million dollars.  That's a 'hecka' lot of money!  So Steven came home from work around 9:30 the night before the drawing and we talked and debated and window shopped online.  What car would you buy first?  What about you? I choose to have a fun car (I think I wanted a ashton martin that day... I am a huge car lover and so my taste changes depending on my mood- lately I have wanted a real muscle car) and a family car a teal or silver escalade  or land rover if it seats more than 5.  Steven choose a Testla http://www.teslamotors.com/, a truck and another fun car.

We debated do you get 30 million dollars every ear for the rest of your life or 300 million now.  I voted for the 300 million right now that way you only hit with taxes once.  
Steven asked if he could retire from public accounting .  Sure.  As long as he had an office and managed our millions and charities.  I wanted to donate to helping children receive hearing aids and cochlear devices with out the delay. Everyday not hearing is a day of language lost.

Also a charity for mothers (or fathers) with small children who have life threatening illness/ cancers.  Something that could help them out they could focus on their family and treatment.  Like house cleaning service, meals, transportation and fun vacations.


We looked at houses in our town, I told steven I could not clean 7 bedrooms, he promised me I would not be, I would be busy with my kids and charities of course.  

Then came my favorite part.  We looked at beach houses.  I love the beach.  Living on the beach is a life dream.  Sadly there were no beach houses for sale on our favorite surf spot.  I pointed out to Steven that we could easily knock on  door and offer 10 million dollars and get one!  We did however have fun looking at beach houses in Malibu 30 million gets you a lot of beach and house!  Dont think I would want to live up that way.  

Well long story short, we did not win.  Which is fine with me, I totally happy with my hand me down SUV from my mother and our 4 bedroom house .6 miles away from Elliott's school. 



My favorite night in January was the night we found Elliott's rubber bands.  He had picked these out at the dollar store on his birthday and I was afraid I had thrown them away in one of my panicked  decluttering moments.  Steven youtubed how to make the bracelets after he came home at 10 and we sat and made Elliott bracelets.  Elliott loves to give them to his friends, so we will have to make some more soon :-)

No comments: