I still remember him very very carefully rolling in her bassinet in my hospital room with Steven's help. He got over the fact that we did not name her Apple Gigi quickly and has always been sweet to his little sister. Lucky for me he was not intrested in holding her or touching her, just saying hi to her and showing her his toys.
Five years ago yesterday she entered this world a week late but we forgave her. She was by far my favorite delivery.
On the night before Lillian's party I was so excited I couldn't sleep. No kidding. I had spent a lot of time getting things I knew she would love and I was looking forward to her reaction. Also we were having the party at 5 pm so I knew I had a lot to do.
Of course when I finally found myself in a deep sleep Lillian woke me up a little before 6 begging me to take her shopping Grocery shopping and get her birthday donut. We hit up the store in our PJs and bought a few more items needed for the party. Plus the donut which she devoured on the way home. We live two minute away from the store. She was hungry then not hungry and full of sugar...
She did not disappoint me at all. Every detail of her party which we took out and got ready for throughout the day was magical to her. "Oh I love it, Mommy thank you so so much.", "Ohhhhh so beautiful, I'm so excited for my birthday."
I kept her gifts hidden and let her open one after breakfast. She opened Lois and Keith's present first, loved the outfit and had to put it on immediately. All before 7:15 am.
Next I pulled out Olaf's tea set. A gift I picked out for Lillian because I knew she would love it. It was made a little cheaper than I had hoped but she doesn't care. The kids had a tea party right away.
At 8:30 we began to get ready for Soccer. Not Lillian's favorite.... so we decided to get it out of the way on her birthday and go to the 9 o'clock club. She did not want to participate at all. We played just her and I for a little while and Steven got her to play with the team for a few minutes.
Then we headed home cleaned up the back yard and by noon I was ready for a nap. I got one and during so one kid walked off with ipad which had the alarm clock I had set. Woke up. Elliott had his soccer game, Steven took Lillian and left me home to get ready. Got Jackson down for a nap. Started to decorate, cook, clean etc.
Lillian was brilliant this year and instead of inviting a lot of girls her age asked for her to friends who are sisters to come. We invited their family and another family over for dinner. It made for a wonderful relaxing party with our friends and hers.
Lillian is such a sweet, caring, loving, thoughtful, spunky, energetic princess. I am so grateful to be able to be her mother. I know she will not be held back by the challenges she faces on this earth.
She is so excited to grow up, go to high school (I add college and a mission also) and get married in the Temple. Love you, Lillian!
No comments:
Post a Comment