
I want to give thanks for all the blessing in my life. I am chuckling as I type this because today I was a little bit of a grump to my kids. It made me grateful for my kindness and understanding most other days of the month...
I am grateful for Elliott..... He is so obedient and true. I love talking to him and hearing his ideas and thoughts. I love that his favorite thing to do is find a quite moment, which there are not many and bring me a book to read together. It is Harry Potter number 2 currently. He also is a great sea glass finder, we have a lot of fun looking together. I am thankful he wants to be baptized. I always knew it would be his choose when he was eight. I sat him down a few weeks ago to chat and he confessed to me he wanted to be baptized because he wanted to live with Heavenly Father again. He will be baptized January 3rd.
I am grateful for Lillian.... a receptionist at the doctors office made a remark today about how much work kids are.... I am guessing that she has not had one yet by the tone of her voice. I told her yes, but they are the greatest investment as I told Lillian repetitively not to play in the blinds. Luckily, I was wearing my necklace microphone that goes directly into Lillian's hearing aids so I didn't have to be yelling at her across the waiting area. We are investing so much into Lillian, but at times I break down upset because what if I could and should do more. Talk to her more giving her more vocabulary, drive her to more appointments for doctors, specialist and Therapy. Other times I have this peaceful feeling knowing, I am doing great and she will turn out fine. I am thankful I can help her. I, of course, wish it could have been my burden and challenge to bare on this earth life, but for some reason its hers and she loves life so much she does not seem to mind.
I am grateful for Jackson..... He is a joy, he is a love and he is a helper. His latest favorite thing is to make a huge pile of books for me to read to him at nap time and bed time. When I have a million things to do, I remind myself he will only fit in my lap a few more months. He growing so fast. I am thankful I can enjoy every minute of it.
I would, however, like to say that his constant trying to twirl my hair is difficult, painful and annoying.
I am grateful for Steven..... We are coming up on our ten, I repeat, TEN year anniversary. That seems like forever, but it has felt like just yesterday we were married. Expect when all three kids are screaming and fighting then it feels like total craziness. Right honey? Steven works hard, at all he does - always has and always will. He splits his time between work, Church, family, and an occasional work out. He is here for us every morning helping us get out the door on time and happy.
I am grateful for who I am and who I am becoming. I am evolving in my old age and I like me. Being more sure of what I like and do not like. Being over protective of my family and our time together. Trying to help out others, honestly makes me the happiest. I am grateful for the challenge I placed in front of me this month to write a 50000 word novel. Its been hard to carve out the time to write, but I have enjoyed and am at word count of 44,000 so hopefully I will finish soon!
I am grateful to my parents- My mom and dad really have stepped up and become super grandparents. They currently both work and are on a mission for our church. They are busy busy, but always willing to watch the boys when Lillian has an appointment. Or watch Lillian when I need some special time with Elliott. They also drive Lillian to school the majority of the week and pick her up. She love it and I love it.
I am grateful to my aunt and uncle. They moved here several years ago after retiring and took care of my sweet grandmother for many years. Now that she's back in heaven they have opened their hearts and time to my kids. Elliott and Lillian get out of school at the same time 25 miles apart. My aunt and uncle are part of the team when it comes to making sure everyone can get picked up on time. Their home is like a vacation area for us, swimming, citrus trees, and flower picking are our favorite. My kids love going over there and enjoy being spoiled.
I am thankful for my friends. Sometimes, I may complain or feel like my burden it too hard of a load. They are there with a park day or play date to peep talk me in to a better mood!! Park days are my therapy!
Photo credit to my talented friend Inga Bowen, who actually got my kids to look at the camera by placing a pez candy dispenser on top of the her camera. Brilliant!


No comments:
Post a Comment