We stayed at the disneyland hotel last weekend for our family reunion. It was pretty amazing, I admit. My mom picked this hotel because of the pool. We enjoyed it so much. We were all down at the pool Thursday afternoon after a long day at disneyland. My mom and Elliott were going down the big water slide shaped like the monorail. Jackson was splashing in the kiddie pool near the smaller water slide. Lillian decided she wanted to go on the medium slide on her own. She spoke, gestured and signed to me as we don't let her wear her hearing aids in the pool. They claim to be water poof but they kept breaking so we stopped getting them wet. She said okay and marched off. I watched her waiting in line with a group of kids.
Jackson played next to me and I felt better about Lillian going down the slide on her own rather than leaving Jackson in a foot of water by himself. I panicked, should I run up there with Jackson and explain to the lifeguard she is deaf? There was a lifeguard next to me, maybe she could radio the lifeguard at the top of the slide. I sat and waited, watching her hot pink swimsuit as she ascended the stairs. She did it. She went down it all on her own. Then again and again. She just watched and lip read the lifeguards, I guess. I was so proud of her.
Elliott went down the super tall slide on his own and swam to the side like a champion! Jackson thought he could swim all weekend and kept wanting me to let go of him. Silly two year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment