Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Golden Egg bithday photos/ I survived spring break... almost



Lillian had two weeks off of school for spring break...  The first weekend of her spring break I was in Utah with Steven and baby Jackson for EY extreme.  It was great to get away.  Jackson missed his brother and sister but got a chance to hang out with his parents.  Such a love.  I flew back Sunday night and hit the ground running. 

Monday morning I dropped Elliott across the street and Jackson off at his biggest fans house (my friend just adores him and well he feels the same!) and took Lillian to the Hearing conservation run by the school districts to get her hearing tested. 

She did great!  The test went really well.  When I told some friend- they thought oh good she can hear now.  Not true, just this time she worked and played with the audiologist and they were able to see what she was and wasn't hearing.  Thanks to her preschool and this being her 6th time she's gotten her hearing tested in the past 8 months. 

She also had gone from less than 20 words to over 60.  Lillian is putting two word sentences together and trying so hard to communicate.  She runs up to me multiple times each day and talks just jibberish putting in several words together into the conversation. 

The rest of the two consisted of a trip to the audiologist, food poisoning, the zoo, visiting aunt and uncle, shopping for my easter dress, a wonderful Easter egg hunt with hundreds of eggs,  my Golden Birthday on Easter, my two kids with double ear infections, one smashed finger, one set of xrays, no broken bones, trip to the aquarium, m & m Cookies, Steven's worst day of work ever, Steven basketball game, frozen yogurt times 3, Reagan presidential library, Lillian trying to make herself at home on Air Force One, visiting Lolo, a whole flat of strawberries, lots of fighting, couple time outs, even more messes, some beautiful sibling moments, dropping Steven off to the airport so he could go to the Masters and school started Monday so I survived.  :-)

  Mom holding Jackson on a survival spring break night.
Elliott's playdoh Golden Birthday cake, he made me!

Lillian loved decorating eggs, hers turned out gray and brown in the end because she kept putting back in different colors.

This kid is a great kisser.

Elliott decorated some nice looking eggs this year, he finished quickly so he could peek over the fence and help his buddy next door with his easter egg hunt.  Think of it as Elliott the Easter Egg spy!

   I bought myself flowers that week, because sometimes you just need to pick them out yourself.
 It started to rain Easter/my birthday morning,  it never rains here so it was special.  The kids were driving my up the wall so I gave them umbrellas and a cup and told them to go get me some rain water.  Elliott the obedient child really did try.  Lillian not seen here but refused to put on pants.  Oh joy!



Jackson just started busting up, laughing so hard he got the hiccups.


Last time my birthday was on Easter I turned 20,
 I convinced my parents to fly me home from college.
 My case being that my birthday wouldn't be on Easter for 11 more years and who knows where I would be.
31 sound old then. It doesn't now (FYI).
I live 1.6 miles from my parents, see them daily and attend the same Church ward.
After our family self portrait session.
 
 We went to Church!  My amazing brother and his adorable and amazing wife helped me by coming in to my primary class and doing like a readers theater with my class.  They loved it!  After church we went to my mom's house to party!  My mom and Aunt Julie made some amazing food.  Matt took some great photos! 



 

 Lillian was in to feeding us her cake.  It was so good!  Breadbasket red velvet!  Jackson watched intently. 

 
All in all, I am glad I could share my Golden birthday with Easter.  I was really really excited about turning 31 on the March 31, turns out the best part was being around those who love me and I love.  Thank you friends and family.  I love you all!
 

1 comment:

SarahWilcox said...

Wow, look at your beautiful family! Loved catching up with you guys on your blog!