Saturday, April 13, 2013

Utah get away!

My mom is amazing!  She and Steven have been my sanity these last few months!  Both have had to help me out with drop offs and pick ups for school, sports, classes etc. My mom watched the big kids the weekend before spring break so Steven and I could go to Utah for EY extreme.  It was great to get away.  Jackson was amazed at all the attention he got.  Both parents taking care of him!  It felt strange with Jackson in Utah.  Just because last time I was in Utah with a baby it was Elliott.  I had to keep reminding myself about Lillian.

I had a lot of fun and managed to squeeze in a lot of visiting friends, family, and old haunts like BYU!

Our good friends watched Jackson for several hours so I could help out with the event luncheon.  It was great to be kid free for a could of hours. So much fun!  I arranged candy center pieces. 

I took a video of the snow and sent it home.  I made a snowman...miniature literally like 5 inchs tall and sent a photo home to Lillian. 

I had to fly home solo with Jackson on Sunday night because my mom could fly up for my cousins play Monday.  I was nervous about flying solo with a child. When I fly I am always super prepared.  Things went well.  I just remembered not to wear an underwire bra so I would not have to be xrayed scanned like I was on the flight up.  They made me had over Jackson to Steven on the flight up and walk through the scary scanning machine.  Really people its a bra and I was holding a baby.  Jackson's sippy cup did cause some concern on the way home, they sat there debating.... is that 3 oz?  The security asked each other.  I told them we could dump it out it was water, but they let him keep it.  So nice!

The weekend reminded me that one kid is a lot of work.  Two kids is easy (they entertain one another).  When I got home I hit the ground running with lots of appointments, play dates and a busy busy week.   Three kids- have you totally out numbered.

No comments: