Friday, April 12, 2013

guess what!

Guess what - 


We have a thumb sucker.....
we tied to hide it and deny it but alas

 He can't be stopped



 Feeding him was really bad at the beginning.  Take thumb out insert food, thumb goes back in. Now he's getting into feeding himself and its not such a problem.


He really does it out of boredom or occasionally for comfort.  Our doctor said to discourage it, we give him toys and binkies.  He's so happy!  I figure the more deal I make out of it the bigger the problem.
People that see him, who had children who sucked their thumbs, love it.  Its like a club I guess.  So far minus some orthodontic cost (which I figure we will be paying either way if they get my teeth) the kids turned out just fine. 

Elliott had no real comfort item other than me till he attached to his blankie.
Lillian loved her princess and mute button binkies till they disappeared at 11 months of age.
Jackson- we cant take his thumb away... we will see how it goes.  Currently he tugs his hair/ear with one hand and sucks his thumb, oh to be 9 months old.

No comments: