Saturday, April 5, 2014

I love love my accountant!!

Just have to state that I'm in love with my accountant!!!  I totally am :)

Little did I know the advantages of getting married to an accounting student but it has definitely payed off over the years! We have had three adorable tax credits- total bonus!
After preparing our taxes this year, my accountant also unclogged my bathroom sink. Sexy!

It's true love and as my dear sweet Grandmother Lois would say he's so HANDY.

This week he was gone Tuesday through Friday and it was a rough week for me holding down the casa.  Yet, we all survived and now can enjoy General Conference (LDS.org) and family time!

I braved trader joe's health food/grocery story Friday with both Lillian and Jackson!  They did very very well.  Lillian stayed by the cart and picked out her cookies she wanted (animal crackers and kitty crackers)  Jackson stayed in the cart until the last row, which is unheard of for him lately he's wanted to be down and shop for himself.  No safety belt is tight or tough enough to keep him in the cart.  I figure it is safer to have him running next to me than diving head first out of the cart during a fit.  During check out Lillian very patiently waited until our turn and then bravely had me help her ask her for a lolly pop.  This is a girl that a year ago could only say a dozen words!  Jackson also insisted I help him ask. Even though he has 4-5 word sentences already coming out freely.   Both kids had their lolly pop and were playing at the little play zone in front of me.  I could see them and the exit so I knew they were safe.  The cashier, commented "Whoa your children are SO active."  I took it like a complement because they were both doing so great!

That night I got a sitter (luckily because dear sweet steven's flight was delayed an hour) So I could go to writers group with my mom.  It's becoming a fun 'get out of the house' event for me.  Steven and I were sitting in my father's 5th Sunday marriage prep class last fall (which is totally amazing if you are in our area he also teaches a marriage strengthening class each Sunday evening) We were filling out a questionnaire.  It was basically, how do you feel you're doing?  how do you think your spouses thinks your doing in several different areas.  It was interesting because Steven became visibly upset while filling it out and I started wondering what on earth???  It turns out he realized he doesn't support me in my hobbies and talents.  I had glazed over that part thinking someday- my kids will all be in school- dress themselves- bath themselves- wipe themselves etc... meaning someday I will have this thing called free time.

Steven that evening explained and started listing off my interests and suggested I start writing and going to the writers group with my mother started by our friend, Paul Bishop, who writes police thrillers.  Sure.  I have written odds and ends of ideas of books here and there.  That's different than committing yourself to writing something to share to a group of adults.  Yesterday I shared for the first time.  I was mortified. I also despise reading out loud so that makes me so nervous also. It went great!   They liked my story line, characters and setting.   My editing sucks (sorry for the strong language- you've read my blog post) I write and try to read it over once or twice but seriously sitting down at the computer is such a luxury that I can only justify once or twice a week. (thank heavens for smart phones to keep us connected otherwise)

I told Steven he can support me now in both watch the kids and editing my selections I take each month :-)

I also have been purchasing jewelry making items to start that hobby 'someday over the rainbow'.  My dad got me an amazing drill for my birthday to drill holes in sea glass and shells.  Something about getting a power tool for my birthday made me so happy. I feel empowered and am hoping to carve out time to try it after spring break.
my sea glass collection from the past 4 years of combing the beach!


Just for memories - lets see the hobbies Steven and I share

Beach-  He surfs and I keep the kids safe.  I love the beach and our children play unusually well together there :-)

Reading- we both love to read.... It did get a little ugly when Steven tried to read the same book I was at the same time (we had only one copy) but he left it so I could finish it while he was out of town so all is forgiven.

Gardening-  I love it, being outside, the kids eat more veggies if they grow them

Game nights- does that count as a hobby? We put winning to shame (kidding)

Steven-
plays on a basketball league for work.  Some weeks, I get my mom to babysit after the kids are asleep and go cheer him on.  He also plays at the church most Tuesday evenings, not during busy season though.
He has man nights out a couple times a year, fine with me movies I would prefer not to see even from redbox
golf(hasnt had much time for this one at all the past few years, but someday) He takes Elliott! Win Win!
running- I don't really care this one. I think it is tough on ones body- but he runs in 5k, 10ks that are on Saturdays (not many where we live thankfully)  We cheer him on.


We are at such a busy stage of our lives right now it's kinda fun to see what we are able to carve out for our own time.

No comments: