Sunday, April 20, 2014

april fool's made a fool out of me!

Elliott has been super excited for April fool's.  He actually has been counting down, my birthday is the day before April fools, so I convinced him to count down to my birthday instead.  When he woke up April fools morning I told him it as Saturday and to go back to bed. He looked confused, so I explained that this week was special it went Sunday, Monday, Saturday.  A huge grin spread across his face and he shouted "April fool's" and sprung out of bed.  Questioning me what color do I have to wear today??  HAHA  I should have told him pink.  I did not though.  The rest of the morning was filled with light jokings only to be recovered with APRIL FOOLS.

Super Nana drove Lillian to school as I am flying solo as a parent this week.  Steven was off at 6 that morning for work then a flight that evening to San Jose for training.  Jackson and I walked Elliott to school then stopped by the grocery store on the way home.  Weather was perfect and we often stop by the store on the walk home for fruits, veggies, milk the basics.  I finished up and shoved everything in the stroller and headed home.  I got home brought the trash can in and unloaded the groceries.  Then read Jackson books and decluttered a few counters.

I thought I should go early to get Lillian so Jackson can nap in the car.  He had asked to watch a Thomas show at 10:30 and so I was having sometime to myself so I waited to the last minute when my phone was alarming time to pick up Lillian.  Then it happened.  Couldn't find my keys, wallet, and purse.  I scanned the house, garage and front of the house.  Came inside and said a quick prayer with Jackson, who thought my behavior was funny.  I looked through the mountain of clean clothes I had in the laundry room, checked the cupboards in the kitchen, and begged giggling Jackson for help.

I had, like a silly girl, put my extra set of keys in the car the week before for some reason so I knew that was no good.  I called Steven who was an hour away and couldn't help but maybe had some wisdom or extra prayers.
His responce HAHA april FOOLS.
  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its real.  Haha April fools.  Panic hits me I am going to be late to pick up Lillian, it is 22 miles to her school and on a good day takes 30 minutes.  Panic!  My mom was on her way to work.  Panic.  I get off the phone with Steven who I am sure at some point realized it wasn't a joke and call my mom.  She remains calm as I prefaced the conversation with 'this is not an April fools day joke'  She tells me to call the school, we have never been late (okay once the day of grandmothers funeral but they said it was okay)  I get of the phone with her and inspiration hits!  Thank you Heavenly Father!  I had a new key made last month because the old key kept getting stuck in the ignition, the old key would open the door and the extra keys are in the car.  I breath for the first time in a few minutes and start out to the car old key in hand.  I look over at Jackson who looks like hes squatting to poop (toddlers!)  I grab him in protest, blanket book juice, grab them all.  In the car extra keys in my hand I call Lillian's school and get connected to her classroom.  They laugh with- and at- me and say its fine.  I head out.  I made it there only a few minutes late, which as fine because the pick up traffic was all gone.  Jackson was asleep in the car so I park curb side and ran to get Lillian.  Her teacher and I laugh about the whole thing and I tell Lillian I couldn't find my keys and ask her help me at home. " Okay Lillian help mommy key"(she talks in third person still)

Jackons sleeps though the drive home and I pull in to the newly cleaned garage, open the doors and windows and head out to find my purse keys and wallet.  I walk into the kitchen and what do I see on a chair tucked under the table.... yep my purse.  sigh*

No comments: