So Steven has early morning meetings on Sunday. Lots of people do, no big deal. I realize after months of 9 am church that the only thing I can do Sunday mornings is get ready for Church. If I try to do even the breakfast dishes, then some disaster happens making us late. Can't find socks, shoes, scripture chart etc. equal total kid melt downs. You understand I'm sure.
What I'm about to tell you is meant for entertainment let this in no ways discourage anyone from having kids... I've been at this parenthood thing for a few years and other than Elliott's first few days of life , when he cried, spit up, peed and pooped on me with in 24 hour period (I have never seen Steven laugh so hard), I've never had something like this happen to me. So once every 5.5 years do able:) you can kinda see where this post is heading now huh?
The night before we had been at my parents celebrating Matthew and Aly's wedding so we all got to bed late. Of courses that morning Steven's meetings started an half an hour earlier. I woke up before the kids miracle and showered, put on make up and blow dried my hair. It looked great** sigh**
Being the smart mom I am, I knew not to get dressed until the last second.
So I decided to give Jackson a bath. It was his blessing day after all. Have him on the changing table when Lillian comes and shows me she needs a new diaper. Ewww gross. So I turn my head of nicely done hair to wipe her hand and suddenly I feel warm rain. On my hair. Cover up Jackson quickly with part of his towel. He was very well hydrated so it wasn't 2 gross, but still gross.
I changed Lillian, put a diaper on Jackson (actually two diapers he was due for a blow out poo and in his white blessing outfit no thank you)
Called my mommy (nice thing about living close to my mom she is on call to help me when disaster strikes). She hurried over, apparently she thought someone was hurt/dead. No one hurt just my hair. I jumped in the shower quickly. Church started in less than 20 minutes. Answered the door to let me mom in my towel. She got jackson dressedand found Lillians dress. we got there in time
1 comment:
AGH! What a morning. I have always hated when Jacob had early meetings. It makes being a mommy so much harder on Sunday mornings. I am glad back-up came to help though.
Post a Comment