Thursday, September 6, 2012

First day of school! First Day of SCHOOL!



getting
ready

What lillian and I did while Elliott was at school... made pudding and finger paint.  Remember Elliott doesn"t like chocolate so he wasn't missing out.
 
The day before school I felt total panic... the summer hadn't gone a I had originally planned... have baby, see Matt get married, get Elliott ready for kindergarten.
 
Instead these last few weeks I felt like I was just barely moving forward trying to get minimum things done around the house, taking care of baby, and putting maxium time towards getting help for miss lillian. 

Luckily I calmed down realizing that he had three full year of preschool.  One taught by myself and my other mom friends, two at one of the best preschools at town.  He would be fine.  He was.   This morning Steven Elliott Jackson and I walked .6 miles to our school.  Lillian stayed home with Nana Paula.  We had a orientation in his class for an hour then we did a scavenger hunt together to find basic things around his class. Steven had to leave to catch his flight to BYU for recruiting.  Elliott then sang a few songs, had story time and then it was time for Jackson and I to go.  I saw a lip quiver when it was the final time to leave, but think that was more for me. 

Most parents look forward to this day like nonother.  It was a great day!  I was going to miss my big boy helper but had great special time with the little ones.

No comments: