Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Texas part 1 Matt and Aly's Wedding -

So don't ask how I knew, but I always felt Matt-my brother- would be on his two year mission for our church when I got married, which he was.  Luckily he got to meet Steven before left.  I also felt that I would be 9 months pregnant when my brother got married.  Thankfully he and his darling bride set the date for a month after my due date so I could be there!

After Jackson was born my first priority was getting us all better.  Then preparing to travel with three kids to Texas in the middle of the summer.  Mission accomplished the trip went great!  We had so much fun and everyone was soooo good!  On the flight out to Austin, my dad flew with us and he was in charge of Elliott.  Steven and I tag teamed Lillian, who is more active then many 2 yr olds.  While Jackson was the perfect gentleman and slept minus eating once.  I am thankful for technology that kept my kids entertained, namely the ipad, iphone, portable dvd player, kindle fire and a lap top.  We came prepared.  Fun snacks, new toys to play with coloring books and a change of clothes for everyone. 

Once in Texas we napped and went swimming before the rehearsal dinner. Lillian got lost for a few frighting minutes but was found quickly.    The night was fun, my favorite was hearing cute stories about the happy couple and meet Aly's amazing family. The next day we headed down to San Antonio Temple. First we stopped and got changed and left baby Jackson with my super wonderful friend- Jenny- from freshman year at byu oh so many years ago. Okay it doesn't feel like that many years ago, but it may have been. Keeping Jackson out of the heat was a huge help. Elliott and Lillian waited outside with the best mans sister and her kids. The sealing was amazing. I was so glad to be there. Photos went well. Clouds and an occasional breeze kept us from melting completely.


 The bride and groom had gotten these fan for the kids, it helped them cool down.
 my Dad, sister-in-law, brother, mom!
 My cute big kids!
 Lillian wanted to be part of the action.

No comments: