Monday, July 30, 2012

Welcome Baby Dragon!

2012 is the Year of the Dragon, it means a child born in this year will be very driven and successful.  This year is a water dragon, water calms the dragon and helps him work well with others.  Years ago Steven said he wanted a dragon baby, here you go honey!
 I went from a 4 to a 10 an hour after the epidural and then this guy joined our family after 2 pushes! (don't be jealous recovery has taken a lot longer!)
Jackson Markus Alfred  9 lbs 3 oz with the longest fingers and toes I have ever seen.
He is mellow and sweet!  We are all so in love!
  Most stressful part of this new addition... keeping him safe from loving sister Lillian

 We wanted to give this little angel a strong name, Jackson Markus was both a family name that seemed to match him well.
We all had horrific colds when I got home from the hospital.  Coughing and recoving from having a baby = ouch.  Miss Lillian had a double ear infection so bad she couldn't hear us at all.  Poor girl.  Recovery took a little longer as we all needed antibiotics to get well. 

Jackson knew this and went right back to bed after each night feeding!  Probably so tired from his big sister holding him, kissing him, loving him all day long, I was tired from that also.  We have to lock him in his room to keep him safe from her attention.  I hope this all mellows out soon.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Congratulations! He looks beautiful and three pounds bigger than either of my kids at birth, so go you! Also, you look amazing. So pretty, mama.