While in the hospital after Jackson was born my mom and Steven noticed that Lillian was not hearing a thing. She was sick with a double ear infection but still we were concerned. When you stand behind a two year old and yell TREAT, they should turn right? I, at Stevens request, made an appointment for a few weeks later. Her hearing improved, we thought she would be fine.
August 7th 2012
Lillian has the first appointment of the day at the county board of education hearing center. It took a while for the equipment to warm up. Lillian and I waited impatiently. The first test was to test the nerve in the inner ear. With in a few seconds of the first test, with Lillian on my lap I was told she had significant hearing loss. I don't think it quite registered at that time. We then went in a sound booth. I was told by the audiologist to look forward and not look towards the direction of the sound. Lillian loved the test, she heard some sounds and not others. If she looked in the direction of the sound she was rewarded with visual reward-like a flashing light or moving stuffed animal.
I had said a prayer on the way to the test that Lillian would be good and that the audiologist would know what test to preform. After our initial testing was done, she found out the next appointment was running late and kept coming up with other test to do on miss lillian.
She suggested we to go to UCLA medical center and get in contact with the early start infant care programs asap. I quickly made appointments with both.
Lillian loves baby Jackson! This photo makes me laugh because he is normally pretty chill about getting loved by her.
look at the camera!
and say cheese! Trying to make the Jackson man smile :-)
2 comments:
she is such a cutie. I hope you get some answers soon!
What a good big sister! We will keep you guys in our prayers and hope you get things figured out.
Post a Comment