Its February, which means one month of busy season is officially over! (whoho)
For all you non accountant wives I will explain (I know some of you have accountant fathers and so you will understand) Busy season is appropriately named because its when accountants are busy. Some to the point of working some really crazy hours. Many leave the house when its dark and don't come home until the day is over or its the next day already.
I realize that its work that must be done and why complain.... I know that he would rather be home eating my cooking (haha did I mention they feed him from the best restaurants so cali has to offer) and wilding the kids up right before their bedtime.
As our day goes we are lucky. Steven's commute is only 20 minutes top for most of busy season. So we get to see him for breakfast. Somehow he also manages to fit in a trip to the gym or run in the mornings also (amazing!) I then pack the kiddos up and do something fun ie preschool for Elliott and then a friend or two over. We go to the gym more (because of new year resolutions yes but also because that hour whine free kid free zone really helps me stay sane)
Here are some of the survival tips I have learned this year-
Week 1: There is only so much grill cheese and mac&cheese you can stand, cook yourself a nice dinner! Leftovers can be dear husbands lunch!
Week 2: Regardless of bedtime they wake up at the same time. Put them down early. 7pm! That gives me an hour to pick up (haha or more) then read :-)
Week 3:You know that its bad when the kids are feed, bathed, pj'd and its only 6 pm, time for a trip to the gym?
Week 4: What JLo is a judge on American Idol this year, time to pack up the kids and head to grandmas and grandpas. (we still don't have a tv- its by choice people don't judge us)
Week 5: Okay my kid needs a play date but so do I... Make it a park day (hahah you snowed in people, make it a inside play day I guess)
Has it really only been five weeks... sigh I will survive.
Adoringly yours,
The accountant's wife

3 comments:
oh yes, oh yes, we do all those things! I actually feel marginally sane this year. probably due to the fact that I've done this for so long, it just seems normal. which is sad.
good luck. stay sane. Yay for no TV (by the way). We don't have cable, just PBS, but I don't know if I could completely give up the TV. We love movies!
Ditto! To both you and Sarah! At least we are getting closer to the end! All done with January! My parents came to stay with us for a week, so that kept me busy for awhile! Good luck trying to stay sane! At least your weather is better! :) Or maybe you guys should fly here and we could have a party!
wow, what a woman you are! I find it difficult to function as a "single" mom when Matt is out of town for business, but only for a few days at a time. You are supermom...keep it up!
Post a Comment