Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas!!!

Well folks its come and gone! AMAZING.  We had a lot of fun this year.  I keep slightly busy during December with two birthdays, the ward rs dinner (this is my third year putting it on! however with my new additional calling I think they were easy on my this year), preschool parties, concerts, cookie decorating party, dentist appointments, printing Christmas cards, Christmas shopping, Christmas and a partridge in a pear tree.  I feel like I take a deep breath after Thanksgiving and hold my breath until the holidays.   Sometimes I find myself thing, Amanda you need to be enjoying this. 

    This year I wanted to do something different to help me slow down... so I did the 12 days of Christmas for myself.  Sounds like I was giving myself presents each day huh?  I did not go that far, maybe next year.  This year I made sure to take time out of each of the busy days and read about our Savior Jesus Christ.  I started out in the book of Matthew and worked my way through the first few chapters of each book that starts out with the Nativity story.  Lesson learned I slowed down a little and enjoyed the season differently as I learned about Christ life on earth.    It was lovely and I would like to thank Lil (who finally started to take naps :-) and Eman who still needs his nap for allowing me a few minutes each day. 

I also promised myself that this summer we would celebrate Eman's half birthday :-)

Our computer is infected currently so I will post photos next year (haha or when we get it fixed)

Christmas Eve I took the kids still in their pjs to the gym (crazy but they thought it was a huge treat, more a peasant to myself to get out the door faster)
Christmas was wonderful we had Christmas Eve at my parents home with my dad side of the family, came home tucked in the children with visions of sugar plums in there head.  E slept with his door closed, although he talked about santa seeing his new pjs all day when bed time came the stranger danger surfaced and he did not want santa to peek in. :-)

I woke up at 5 (or maybe earlier) am to excited to sleep.  How funny is that?  I was so tired and from days of preparation for Christmas and come my time to sleep, I wake up.  E woke up after 7 and miss Lil
The greatest line was Elliott's while opening his stocking

"whoho I must be livin' right"  and he is..

Love to all this holiday season!


ps. both kids started pulling ornaments off the tree today does that mean its time to take it down?  I guess the novelty has worn off, that and it is no longer protected by a sea of presents.

No comments: