She the first day could hear her own voice! The first week learned to hear and listen to her brothers. She has gotten much better at listening and playing with her friends. She knows the children's names in her Sunday school class now. She corrects her own speech many times. She repeats and asks you to repeat things so she can practice saying them. She plays speech therapy with you and instructs you how to say things. She will advocate that people need to speak louder if she can not hear them.
She is understood by others if you listen carefully.
She repeats things she hears from the Television. She is learning the words to songs, at school, in the car and at Church.
She has grown so much! It takes a lot of work. It is frustrating to watch, but she keeps on working hard.
I have never felt that the implants would fix her. I struggled with this idea prior to her surgery. She did not need fixing, she just need to understand and be understood. She has truly bloomed.
I love her!
We've been reading a lot of Fancy Nancy books (which are adorable by the way!) I tease her she is fancy girl. She strongly replies that she is NO LIMITS GIRL
No Limits is the after school Therapy for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children that Lillian attends. It is free and wonderful. She LOVES it! They have a phrase "I can do it!" they have the kids repeat. Lillian can do it!
http://nolimitsfordeafchildren.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment