Saturday, May 30, 2015

mega catch up

Lillian has been implanted with Bilateral (both sides) Cochlear Implants!!  It has been a long emotional journey which we been traveling and will continue to move on this path.   I am so thankful for all the support we've gotten.



 Here are some photos... I will blog more about the surgery later...
 Sunday photo!
 Lillian getting her pre operation physical-  she's had 1-2 appointments a week!  Super Trooper
 Lillian Art work- her family!
 Lillian worked so hard during her evaluations.  Repetitively during the evaluation process I was told that she should not be doing this well considering her hearing loss.  I said thank you to that, we, okay mostly she works very hard.
 This photo I took on a walk.  If you look closely you can see Lillian  at the end of the tunnel right side.  I see this representing her hearing loss affecting her in social situations, she is distant and not a part of them because of being unable to follow what is going on.
 Before our dated fireplace



 
 After!!! Makes a huge different the room seems bigger and brighter.  Good call Steven!
 At the Temple getting answers to how to help Lillian on her journey on this earth.  As a parent we felt such pressure to make this choice for her.   We prayed, invited friends and family to fast with us, and attended the temple.  As we followed promptings we got our answers  It was amazing how the spirit guided us.  While the answer did not come all at once, as I had hoped it would the day we fasted, it came as we talked to friends, professionals, and researched.     We woke up early one morning and my kind mother babysat yet again (she's watched Jackson for all of the appointments).  Steven and I ended up going to the Samoan Language session of the temple.  We had to wear ear phones to hear the English.  It was quite difficult and tiring.  I found myself lip reading the movie.  At one point I forgot to put my ear phones back on and was confused mistaken on what to do.  I learned then, how hard Lillian works to understand what goes on around her, with out being able to hear.  I also learned how important it is that both ears are getting the same signal.

We once we started to go to the appointments to see if Lillian qualified for the implants knew she would need one to be successful.  She could to okay with her hearing aids but could do much better with an implant.   Both implants would give her surround sound, helping her to locate sound, and discriminate sounds from spoken language.
 Baseball season finished!  We celebrated, then found out Elliott made ALLSTARS.  We laughed, cried, and unpacked the baseball stuff to play ball.



No comments: