Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Excellent Eman





Elliott has had amazing year!  He is a great big brother to both Lillian and Jackson and is a super big help to me.  Sometimes I have to remind myself he is only 6 years old.  He loves Legos, watching movies, riding his bike, playing with friends, doing projects with dad, playing with friends and special time with me.  I lucked out this year Elliott had 9 am drop off for school, which meant I got to spend an extra hour and a half with him after Lillian was taken to school by grandpa, dad or Nana.  At the beginning of the year I did great sitting a playing games with him or reading books.  Lately things have gotten so busy I have been rushing him and J out the door after Lillian leaves to run to the store before school started so I could have Jackson take a nap before preschool pick ups.  The result I found some days Elliott became the poor forgotten middle child.  Jackson still demands so much of my attention and Lillian demands all of my attention,  Elliott just was left to play Legos.

I try to make sure to have special time with him still but its always a crazy balancing act.  I laugh when he said mom its just me and you special time as I drove him to the dentist.  Steven and I did coach his YMCA basketball team this year and that was a lot of fun.  I ran the practices during the week for the most part and Steven was in charge of game time.  The kids were amazing and it was a great season.  I also would drop off the other kids at the YMCA daycare so it was weekly special time with Elliott and ten of his teammates.  (we had triplets on our team !  How fun is that?) Go Thunder!

Elliott has learned to read this year, I think that is the coolest thing.  He has also learned subtraction and addition, which seems amazing to me as he is only in Kindergarten.  Gasp he has three more days of kindergarten (I am going to cry)  He has had such a wonderful time, his teacher is sweet, kind, positive and amazing.  She always singing to the kids (reminds me of a warmer version of mary poppins).  Elliott is excited for summer vacation.  I think I may cry...

No comments: