We have the best strawberries in the world. No lie. Last year I tried my hand at Strawberry Freezer jam. I remember it from my childhood and it tasted better then I remembered. This year I made double the amount and gave away but froze a lot of it. My dearest friends who have canning skills invited me over for a day of canning strawberry jam. I was in, this way I don't have to cry when I run out of freezer jam just head to the pantry. I discovered that walmart (cringe) has pectin for a fourth of the price. The Jam day turned out to be the best day ever! It rained and lightning and thundered. --Which for Southern Cali is a huge treat.
End results are both are so good I find myself sitting around thinking of things to make that I can put jam on. The freezer jam is uncooked so it taste more like fresh strawberries, but the cooked jam is amazing also. Our intake of all things with jam on them has increased greatly. 
our helpers! They had pancakes and the frothy left over part of the jam for lunch!
** In the middle of posting this I had to go eat a left over biscuit and some jam.... ieie its too good.
Other than that I plan on making some marmalade from our orange trees. Its great on toast or in maranades and a lot cheaper than the store stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment