Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Springing into Easter 2017

It's been a busy two weeks!  Lillian had school off last week and this week all kids had off.

Monday we went to the zoo with my friend and her two kids.  It was a lot of fun.  The boys had a picnic in the tree.

Tuesday Lillian had her USC audiology appts.  She had three appointments last week which really finished me.  We left our house at 6:20 am and got to LA at 8 am.  Spent an half an hour at mcdonalds eating pancakes. Then off to our 9 am appt, then our 10 am appt.  They made a mistake in the scheduling and so instead of having a full language evaluation we had a hour to talk with the speech pathologist.  It was good. We got to go over Lillian's evaluation from the fall.  Lots of suggestions.  overwhelming.  We do so much.  At one point I said cant we just pat ourselves on the back?  We had lunch at mcdonalds and  Her next appointment was with the education consultant.  It went really well.  I had all of Lillian's IEP (Individualized Education Plan) paper work it has her goals and accommodations.  She was able to help suggest some ideas for our next IEP meeting.  Which is super helpful and I just emailed them to Lillian's teacher.


 I am getting better, I used to get so nervous and freak out, now the long day just tires us all out.  I have to pack snacks, all of Lillian's paper work and all of her equipment.  LA traffic is no fun.  Lillian was great in the car.  I had one of my blue tooth ear phone in



so I even got to listen to some church talks while she played with her ipad on the ride down.  Made it go by quickly.  Her appointment went really well she totally cooperated.  Her audiologiest was so impressed with her progress!

No comments: