Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Transitional Kindergarten

First day of school first day of school!  Today Lillian started Transitional Kindergarten....  so that means summer is over.  We've had a lot of fun at the beach, pool, fair, gymnastics, therapy, vacation, park and zoo.  I think the kids agree with me, we are ready for fall!  Soccer, gymnastics, disneyland, school, therapy, football watching, all things pumpkin, Lillian's birthday and the holidays.

This morning Lillian woke up first, no surprise there.  After a quick snuggle with us we got up and started breakfast and packing up her new princess Sophia backpack.  We had french toast with whip cream and homemade strawberry jam.  I tried then to explain to Lillian about her lunch and her snack.  This is her first day staying full day.  8:30 till 1:50!! Her first day eating lunch at school also.  I tried to explain the difference between her snack and lunch.  She wasn't understanding.  She had a lunchable with a chocolate cookie for lunch and trailmix for a snack.  I recruited Steven with his deeper louder voice.  You see Lillian has not been able to hear the past month.  Frighteningly true.  Her ears have been full of fluid and what small amount of hearing she does have has been muffed.  Normally her natural hearing is amplified by her amazing digital hearing aids.  This past month not so.  She hears somethings, but mostly just goes with the flow.  Sad but true.  It has been an eye opening experience to see how well she fakes it.  I took her to the doctor's at the beginning of the month.  They said wait, which I agreed with.  She then got a second cold on top of her first cold.  I went back to the doctors and now she is on day 2 of antibiotics to clear out her ears.  I bought an otoscope earlier this summer and it has been interesting watching the fluid levels in Lillian's ears.

I hope she had a good day at school.



Giving a kiss to her dad, these two work really well together and love each other very very much







bye mom go go go she said to me :-)

No comments: