Lillian is my treat queen. We don't often let her have a lot of sugar but Valentine's day was an exception.
We woke up and the kids saw their gifts and cards. We had frosted mini wheats for breakfast with fresh strawberries. I didn't care to do the dishes for a big breakfast. Expeically when I had sugar cookies to decorate and deliver. Steven took off for work any the kids and I got down to business
1. pick up paper plates from grandma and grandpas house to deliver the cookies on (and to help in my quest to avoid dish duty for the day. We had run out of paper plates weeks ago and I kept forgetting to buy them.
2. make frosting
3. dye frosting
4. Decorate cookies, Lillian frosted the same cookie four times.... where did the frosting go? I frosted Elliott sprinkle the other dozens
5. shower (go ahead and laugh with both kids a home this quite a task, why do you think I go to the gym ... to exercise? Na to shower after some exercise with my kids still in the daycare so no one is screaming, fighting, yelling outside my door. Or hitting the door with a butter knife (Lillian has watched Elliott and I unlock the doors with knifes- so in her 2 year old mind.... if I bang on a door with the knife it will open. Or my least favorite, but at least I know they are safe.... being watched.... really kids cant I have five minute? Plus this Sunday I discovered Lillian knows how to unlock and open the front door.... yikes. So far she just opens and closes it until I catch her doing it then she runs out it. Not worth the risk.
6. dress, myself and Lil for the second time apparently only some of the frosting made it into her mouth the rest decorated her outfit.
7. load up tile samples, kids and cookies (we are looking to remodel our bathroom and so I have been living at the tile stores lately)
8. Drop off tile samples, drop off cookies at the drug store for Grandpa
9. get juice, caswews, random postcards and cookies from the drug store
10. Have grandpa help load us up back in the car, I eat ben and jerrys ice cream bar (after the sugar cookies which had to be eaten because they mysteriously broke during decorating I had consumed more sugar in one morning than the whole month of January. hahahaha but come one ben and jerrys and valentines day are a must)
11. drive to dad's work
12. Drop off cookies and show accountants how cute kids can be. See Steven during day light hours!
13. pile back in car and drive home
14. Lillian fall asleep in car, return home
15. Elliott and I get lunch ready for surprise valentines lunch date
16. Have two of Elliott's friends over plus a friend for lillian
17. Lillian wake up from her quick nap, Eat heart shaped grill cheese sandwiches. Avoided giving more sugar to children as we all had enough.
18. kids play like wild animals in the back yard for two hours. Two Valentines day balloons get ding dong ditched for Elliott and Lillian along with cards and Gummy bears. The kids run around with balloons. Kids get picked up.
19. Return left sock to friends house (they live across the street, yes I know I am spoiled that way) an have another impromptu play date while I get to talk to my friend
20. Get tired kids down for nap. Pick up tornado that house and back yard had become.
21. Lillian woke up from her 45 minute nap. I gave her a drink of water and managed to get her to fall back asleep on me. :-) snuggle, read book, take nap, alarm goes off...
22. WAKE kids up go to train station to pick up Grandma order pizza in route.
23. Invite ourselves over to nanas to eat pizza. Brought pjs so we can change at nanas house.
24 drive tired kids home, lillian decides she wants to start potty training and sits on the potty for a half an hour (she never ever sits anywhere that long?)
25. Steven calls 8:45 hes on his way home early?? Get tired kids in bed quick. He comes home gives kisses to kids we watch a movie and yep eat more sugar in the form of dessert.
26. Slept really well considering the amount of sugar I consumed.
No comments:
Post a Comment