It's was a present! They came home and napped while I still wrapped. That night we went to my aunts for a festive dinner, nativity, carols then, a few presents! The kids couldn't have been cuter or better behaved. We changed them into their Christmas pjs there and carted two tired but excited kids home. Brushed teeth, left out cookies and carrots for santa and his gang. Then sang silent night and said prayers off to bed! That's when the fun begins! I put on Christmas music and ate cookies to stay awake! Steven went to midnight mass with my mother (for fun?) while I put out items under the tree. I am greatful Santa does not wrap presents at our house!!! Steven got home, who knows when i was dreaming of sugar plums and was putting things together until 2:30 am.
Lillian woke up 3:31 am ( teething) I changed her and gave her a drink of water, peeked at what steven had put together (lil did not see no worries) then because it was Christmas I as per her request sang her some Christmas songs and rocked her back to sleep! Put her back down, went back to bed only to be woken around 7 by breathing in my face.
elliott whispering pst "mom it's Christmas". I get out of bed make elliott snuggle with Steven while I check to see if Santa brought lucky charms for the kids first breakfast he did I pulled it out of the giant stocking Elliott's grandmother made him and set him up with it at the table. I do dishes while he eats then he helps me unload the dishwasher and sweep while we wait for others to wake up. Poor kid was so excited. Lil made a peep around 740 ( why can't she sleep this late on a non holiday morning?? ). Elliott ran in. I feed her some lucky charms and send Elliott in to wake Steven. Then it begins! Months of shopping torn open quickly. We let the kids go at there our pace. Lillian was hilarious sometime she would sit and open her presents wildly back to back other time she just wanted to run around the house like a 2 yr full of lucky charms. Elliott examined everything Santa brought then opened his gifts.
The house smelled so good with the breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls I made the day before and cooked that morning. My family came over for brunch then more presents. Mom got the kids dressed for church while we changed. The Christmas program was lovely and it was nice to break up the busy day with something reminded us that this holiday is truly for remembering Jesus Christ's birth. That afternoon we all napped then to my parents house for their party!
It was a great day. Steven has all week off and we plan on enjoying that fully. He and e are playing golf right now !!! Picture to come as soon as I get my new computer:)
No comments:
Post a Comment