Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

So I am another year older and wiser too.... couldn't tell.  I fool a lot of people that way.  However the truth is there and my four year old ask me daily, mom when are you going to be 19? already was 19. When are you going to be 25?  Been there done that... Mom your 29 right?  Yes.  THAT's SO OLD! 

Not really.  Gee I can't wait until he tells the world my age.  No worries, I feel young plus I feel like the last years have gone by so fast... I feel the need to recap... the last decade

Turning 19- Called my parents at midnight to open my gifts (why? not sure) and spent the day with amazing new friends at college.  Both sets of my grandmothers sent me amazing flowers!  The next day (april fools)played a joke on old friends back home email them I was engaged.  This was an april fool's day joke I was clarifying for the next year.  haha

20 - My birthday was on Easter, so I flew home for a break.  Came back to my roommates and best friends (jennies) wearing bunny ears. 

21- had a pancake pinata party.  Totally sweet!  Had huge margarita glass and we made a large virgin margarita! Hurray for no drinking ever!

22- Okay Amanda, Melanie, Stephanie and Becca gave me a CSI themed birthday party.  Complete with tping with caution tape, tracing our bodies on the sidewalk, blood punch, and death by chocolate cake.  CELEBRATION!

23-  First year Married (ahhh) had dinner party with friends!

24- Taught school and made every student wish me happy birthday (vain I know) and guess my age.  Mean wasn't I?  I finally gave them clues I am divisible by 3,4, 2, 6,8, 12, 1,24 haha.  Went out to eat with my  dear husband and friends Jenny and Mike. 

25- In Cali again with a little baby boy!  Such fun!  Bread Basket cake .... yummo

26- Elliott was starting to catch onto the birthday excitement.  Had fun.  Steven surprised me with getting a sitter and taking me out to dinner.  Ironically I wore the same shirt I had the year before....

27- hmmmm......  I will have to get back to you on this one.... (old age has helped me forget)

28-  yeah and this was just last year... sad- wait we bought a house!!! I went shopping a Lowes for a few things :-)



29-  fun fun E and Lil were so excited.... Reason number 1000 to have kids as you age and thing less about celebrating your kids get more excited and make you party. Mom had my friends over for treats!!! 


Here is Eman enjoying my new phone the morning after my birthday!

No comments: