Friday, June 25, 2010

10 year High school reunion!!!

Sad to say I will be missing my ten year high school reunion this weekend. At first I was okay with it (months ago) now I feel like I am chickening out. Sad. I'll be in vegas so that sounds cool right? haha

I was thinking of the conversations I will be missing...

Classmate:"Hey Hoffman, you crazy mormon. do you still not drink?"
Me: "No here is my drink ticket, oh and here is my husbands also"
Classmate: "Cool, well nice seeing you"

Classmate 2: "So what have you been up to?"
Me: "Oh not much"
Classmate 2: "You have two kids?"
Me: "Yeah"
Classmate 2: "Whoa you've been busy"
Me: "uh, yeah thanks"

Classmate 3: "Hey Amanda looking good"
Me: "why thank you"
Classmate 3: "I can't believe you have had kids"
(hahaha I can dream right?)

Steven: "Wait you used to date that guy?"
Me: "don't stare"
Steven: "the one with the sweater vest over by the bar doing jello shots? Hahaha"(steven laughs uncontrollable)
Me: "Let's go outside and get some fresh air, now please"
Steven: "No wait show me some others, wait no better yet, lets go talk to him"
Me: I hang my head in shame or walk outside to find two random classmates talking about body piecing.

Classmate 4: "Amanda Hoffman, whats your last name now? wait no let me guess"
Me: "um Alfred" Crap who is this, whats their name
Classmate 4: "So its been a while, how you've been?"
Me:"Good"
Classmate 4: "oh look there is so and so"
Steven: "who was that?"
Me: "not a clue"
Steven: "seemed like they knew you"
Me: "funny huh?"

Me: "Oh hello so and so, how are you?"
Classmate 5:" um good"
Me: did you have fun on your trip to south america?
Classmate 5: "yes, how did you know?"
Me: "umm...facebook your photos looked great"
Classmate 5: "yeah" they walk away


Classmate 6: "Amanda the panda"
Me: "Hi good friend"
Classmates 6: "what do you do"
Me: "Im a mom, I did teach for a few years I am luck to be able to stay home with my kids"
Classmate 6: "Oh yea I've seen the photos on facebook pretty stinkin cute."
me: "thanks, they are super sweet, also"
Classmate 6: "so you just take care of them all day like wipe their noes and butts."
me: "well actually the oldest is potty trained now, haha and I thought labor was the hard part." haha
Classmate 6 walks away.

Me: "well its getting late, lets go home"
Steven: "You sure?"
Me: "oh yes, I will see them again in ten years, besides we all look much better on facebook"


Did you just read this? haha Thank you to all the moms that humor me. I kn ow I am truly not this socially challenged and my friends from High School rock! I had so much fun those four years. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I would never want to do high school again though.... what about you?

3 comments:

Blake and Laura said...

Hilarious! That about sums it up. Have fun in Vegas.

Amanda said...

Ah high school. Don't feel too bad about missing your reunion. Somethings were not meant to be relived.

SarahWilcox said...

That was awesome! It is funny how time really does go by so fast!