Monday, August 24, 2009

Cravings...

Okay those of you who know, know.

The most disappointing thing for me with pregnancy is the cravings. I grew up watching I love Lucy and her cravings of pickles ice cream and strawberries (or some bazar combination). I was so excited. Couldn't wait for bazar food combos to sound yummy and to crave them. no, nothing, zero, nada.


I ate a lot of fudgsicle with Elliott for breakfast and for dinner or lunch enjoyed eating at subway with extra banana peppers but that was really it. Every once and a while I would try the line "I think the baby needs an ice cream." However, both Steven and I knew the truth... it was truely I who wanted the ice cream. I did drink a ton of milk, so maybe that could have been a craving.

This time was even less exciting. If I ate dessert in the evening I would wake up wide awake in the middle of the night. So sad.

Last week we did have a break though. I woke up wanting chocolate chip pancakes. Other than living with Jenny number 1 (yes we number them) in 2002 I don't think I have had chocolate chip pancakes. So we had them and they were amazing. Elliott insisted on having plain pancakes... silly kid.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

I am so excited for you still! You are such a great mom, and now you will have a cute little girl to take care of and play with. I definitely remember eating at Subway every stop when we came out to Denver...gotta love those banana pickles! I am glad you finally had a craving for chocolate chip pancakes. Sounds good!